Omniscope DesktopIntegrates two distinct workspaces in a single, in-memory, file-based application that enables agile, 'best practise' data sharing solutions with end user self-sufficiency spanning the entire workflow; data import, integration, transformation, analysis and presentation/publication:
- DataManager: data extraction from most sources, transformation, integration and delivery of processed data sets in a wide variety of formats
- DataExplorer: interactive visual data discovery & analysis, multi-tan, multi-view reporting/'dashboarding'/publication in a wide variety of formats
Users can quickly connect to local, network or online data sources, transform/scrub and integrate the data, then seamlessly create a refreshable, interactive multi-view report, deliverable to recipients in a wide variety of static and interactive formats, most powerful being the via Omniscope free Viewer. Chains of Omniscope files enable powerful sequences of integration, transformation, analysis and reporting across departments and organisations.
- No specialised skills, developers or server deployment required; all features available on your desktop
- Mouse-driven interface and familiar file-based paradigm means short learning curve
- Client-side in-memory for instantly interactive point-and-click data visualisations and what-if modelling
- Convergence of three dimensions: structural (graphs, charts), spatial (maps, networks) & visual (images, video)
- Secure data publishing: multi-layer security options including time limiting, server directory authentication, domain locking, walled gardens, and more
- Hybrid 'browser-plus' experience combining offline functionality with web-based apps/services in embedded browsers
- Server automation available for real-time 24/7 refresh and interactive reporting (scheduled, on-demand, push/pull)
Intuitive layout of connected operations and repeatable data flows for cleaning, joining, pivoting, aggregating and filtering data sources via an easily auditable tree. Operations can be dropped in at any stage and edited by opening the block and clicking on options. One-click loading of prepared data into Omniscope DataExplorer in-memory visualisation workspace.
Direct Connectors to 'cloud' sources like Salesforce,Google Analytics, DoubleClick, BigQuery, MS Atlas, Twitter, Facebook and more being added every week.
Outputs available in a wide variety of interactive and static document formats including data files, database tables, emails, printing, PDF, PPT. Multiple, personalised outputs can be scheduled and delivered using Omniscope Server Batch reporting.
Configurable interactive multi-tab, multi-view presentation interface for visual discovery, analysis and shareable reporting/'dashboarding' featuring 18 interactive data views. Incorporates formulae, assumption variables, interactive maps, multimedia links and 'round trips to powerful analytic libraries like R. Combines structural views (graphs, bars, etc.) with spatial (maps, floorplans) and visual (images, video). Configured using dropdown menus - no special skills or development needed.
Hybrid file-based 'browser-plus' architecture converges desktop and web applications combining local in-memory visualisation with web apps and services in embedded browser views. Multi-layer security options include file locking, passwords, time-limiting & 'walled gardens'.
Provides 24/7 automation of refresh and delivery, plus additional security options (server authentication, domain locking), with chronological and event-driven options for automating reporting workflows, batch reporting of personalised templates & data slices, and option to empower Omniscope free Viewers to export & live refresh data. For more detail, see Omniscope Editions.
New in Omniscope version 2.8